Welcome to St. Francis of Assisi Preschool!
Welcome to St. Francis of Assisi Preschool in Raleigh, NC! We were founded nearly 30 years ago as part of the educational ministry of the Catholic Community of St. Francis of Assisi. From its inception, our preschool has recognized the importance of igniting and encouraging that spark in early childhood which is carefully nurtured into a vibrant love of learning and care for all of God’s creation.
To help meet the needs of our families, we offer a variety of classes for children from early 2 through 5 years, as well as before and after care options. We provide a strong, structured program that is validated by the Diocese of Raleigh. We follow the early childhood standards of the Diocese of Raleigh, which closely mirror those of the state. The standards outline a continuum of developmental skills in all areas including social-emotional, spiritual, intellectual, creative, and physical. We know the importance of addressing all of these areas early in childhood to help ensure future educational success. Hands-on opportunities in areas such as music & movement, Spanish, science and community service provide additional activities for enriching a child’s growth. We believe that it is a true gift to be able to partner with parents to foster a positive start to a child’s educational journey. A cooperative effort with families from the beginning establishes a foundation that leads to greater self-esteem and respect for others, while also providing a safe place to initiate, explore, and partake in innovative and imaginative play.
Our vision has been to foster holiness, hope, and hospitality in a child-centered learning environment. As Catholic educators, we strive to guide each child to develop to his/her greatest potential by providing a friendly, caring, safe, and faith filled environment. Our program is committed to furthering the growth and development of the whole child by way of individual and group interactions that are engaging, as well as educational and rooted in play.
Through all of our interactions with your child, we hope to communicate God’s unconditional love and acceptance. I, along with the teachers, welcome the opportunity to meet you! We look forward to sharing more about the wonderful opportunity that awaits your family here at St. Francis of Assisi Preschool!
Heidi Hobler, Director
St. Francis of Assisi Preschool
11401 Leesville Rd. Raleigh, NC 27613
As Christian educators, the staff of St. Francis of Assisi Preschool will strive to guide each child to develop to his/her greatest potential. The program is committed to aid in the growth and development of the whole child by way of individual and group interaction. The curriculum will incorporate a variety of activities and material designed to stimulate each child to grow spiritually, physically, socially, and intellectually. It is the intended effect that each child will become more aware of God and the world He gave us. We believe the faith shared with parents, teachers and students is nourished by prayer and worship within the total life of the school and parish community. The Preschool environment will encourage the children to develop greater self-esteem and respect for others. In addition it will provide a place for each child to explore and engage in free and imaginative play.
- To provide age and developmental appropriate activities
- To create opportunities to Experience Catholic Tradition
- To foster the development of a beginning relationship with God
- To partner with parents as the “first teachers in faith”
To implement a Catholic education program that will introduce each child to the Gospel teachings and Catholic Christian Values central to our Faith and provide opportunities to apply them to real life situations. The program will help each child to develop to his/her potential.
- A 5-hour program for ages 4 & 5 year olds
- A 4-hour program for ages 3 & 4 year olds
- A 3-hour program for 2 year olds (with option to add an add’l hour after January)
- A program that has been certified by the Diocese of Raleigh
- Weekly Music & Movement classes
- Weekly Spanish
- Monthly enrichment programs in Science/Math, Health/Nutrition, and Cultural Arts
- A Faith-enriched environment where young children begin their journey as Catholic Christians
- 4s and 5s attend mass monthly
- A structured Preschool scope and sequence curriculum which is based on the premise that children learn best through play
- An intimate children to teacher ratio that ranges between 6:1 (2 year old program), 8:1 (3 year old program) and 9:1 (4 and 5 year old program)
- An active parent group that provides school enrichment
- Fellowship and Faith Formation opportunities for parents
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
St. Francis of Assisi Preschool admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin or gender. It does not discriminate on the basis of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, religious background or gender in the administration of its admissions, employment or educational programs or policies. We welcome families of all faiths who are seeking an education in a Catholic environment. We are strengthened by our diversity.