Welcome to St. Francis of Assisi Preschool!
St. Francis of Assisi Preschool is a ministry of the Catholic Community of St. Francis of Assisi in Raleigh, North Carolina. We are a Catholic preschool offering a variety of classes for children ages 2 through young 5. We provide a structured curriculum beginning at age 2, with specials in Music & Movement, Spanish, Science & Math, and Service. We are validated by The Diocese of Raleigh and accredited by AdvancED. We provide an intimate teacher to student ratio, promote active parent involvement, and provide faith formation opportunities.
Our vision is to foster holiness, hope, and hospitality in a faith-enriched, child-centered learning environment. As Christian educators, we strive to guide each child to develop to his/her greatest potential. Our program is committed to aid in the growth and development of the whole child by way of individual and group interaction. We follow the Diocese of Raleigh Early Childhood Curriculum that outlines a continuum of developmental skills in all areas of development: Social, Emotional, Spiritual, Intellectual and Physical. Our job is to determine where your child is on the continuum and then to design age appropriate learning experiences to stimulate growth. We recognize that all of these areas are important to the future success in learning and we want to give your child a positive start to his or her education.
As a Catholic School we incorporate prayer and scripture lessons into our daily routines to help your child become more aware of God and the world He gave us. We strive to partner with you in the early education of your child because we believe that it is by this cooperative effort that we can provide the best foundation for him or her. We will encourage your child to develop greater self-esteem and respect for others, while also providing a safe place to explore and engage in free and imaginative play.
Our staff is well-tenured and puts the needs of your child first each and every day. All teachers have their Early Childhood Education Credentials, an associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a bachelor’s degree in Elementary or Early Childhood Education. They are skilled at developing age appropriate activities that are engaging as well as educational.
Through all of our interactions with your child, we hope to communicate God’s unconditional love and acceptance. I would welcome the opportunity to meet you and share more about the wonderful opportunity that awaits your family here at St. Francis of Assisi Preschool!
Nancy Bourke, Director
St. Francis of Assisi Preschool
11401 Leesville Rd. Raleigh, NC 27613
As Christian educators, the staff of St. Francis of Assisi Preschool will strive to guide each child to develop to his/her greatest potential. The program is committed to aid in the growth and development of the whole child by way of individual and group interaction. The curriculum will incorporate a variety of activities and material designed to stimulate each child to grow spiritually, physically, socially, and intellectually. It is the intended effect that each child will become more aware of God and the world He gave us. We believe the faith shared with parents, teachers and students is nourished by prayer and worship within the total life of the school and parish community. The Preschool environment will encourage the children to develop greater self-esteem and respect for others. In addition it will provide a place for each child to explore and engage in free and imaginative play.
- To provide age and developmental appropriate activities
- To create opportunities to Experience Catholic Tradition
- To foster the development of a beginning relationship with God
- To partner with parents as the “first teachers in faith”
To implement a Catholic education program that will introduce each child to the Gospel teachings and Catholic Christian Values central to our Faith and provide opportunities to apply them to real life situations. The program will help each child to develop to his/her potential.
- A 5-hour program for ages 4 & 5 year olds
- A 4-hour program for ages 3 & 4 year olds
- A 3-hour program for 2 year olds (with option to add an add’l hour after January)
- A program that has been certified by the Diocese of Raleigh
- Weekly Music & Movement classes
- Weekly Spanish
- Monthly enrichment programs in Science/Math, Health/Nutrition, and Cultural Arts
- A Faith-enriched environment where young children begin their journey as Catholic Christians
- 4s and 5s attend mass monthly
- A structured Preschool scope and sequence curriculum which is based on the premise that children learn best through play
- An intimate children to teacher ratio that ranges between 6:1 (2 year old program), 8:1 (3 year old program) and 9:1 (4 and 5 year old program)
- An active parent group that provides school enrichment
- Fellowship and Faith Formation opportunities for parents
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
St. Francis of Assisi Preschool admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin or gender. It does not discriminate on the basis of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, religious background or gender in the administration of its admissions, employment or educational programs or policies. We welcome families of all faiths who are seeking an education in a Catholic environment. We are strengthened by our diversity.