Saint Francis Parish has the following positions available:
Coordinator of High School and Young Adult Formation
We are seeking a passionate, dynamic individual to be a part of our pastoral staff as the Coordinator of High School and Young Adult Formation. In collaboration with the formation team and a large volunteer group, this position oversees a comprehensive formation program serving youth in grades 9 through 12, and leads the efforts to grow our young adult formation into a vibrant ministry. The coordinator will develop and implement programs using contemporary Catholic evangelization and catechetical approaches.
The successful applicant will have a bachelor’s degree with strong relational, communication, organizational, and leadership skills. We strongly desire someone with understanding in the fields of evangelization and contemporary approaches to catechesis, as well as experience with youth/young adult ministry.
If you are an active, fully initiated Catholic, who desires to be a part of a truly collaborative and innovative team, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by December 31, 2022.
The Franciscan School has the following positions available:
If you are interested applying for either of the positions below, please send a cover letter, that includes your educational philosophy, the position in which you have interest, and resume to: [email protected].
Immediate Opening for a First Grade Instructional Teaching Assistant
We are seeking an energetic and caring person to fill an immediate opening for an Instructional Teacher Assistant (ITA) position in first grade. This is a full-time position assisting the lead teacher and grade level team in creating a classroom environment that is consistent with the mission of the school and the parish. The ITA will support the lead teacher by providing general assistance with daily tasks, such as copying and planning for lessons, small group assistance, supervision of students when necessary, handling of classroom management issues when appropriate, and assisting with special projects, such as field trips. The ITA is expected to attend parish staff gatherings, conferences, and will collaborate as a member of the team to provide academic excellence for the students.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic educational environment working with dedicated professionals to provide an academically challenging experience for our students, please send a cover letter and resume by February 5th to: [email protected].
Religion Teacher – Grades 7 & 8
We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate Catholic educator to teach religion to students in grades 7 & 8. This person should embrace the Franciscan charisms and be able to deliver an engaging religious formation curriculum for our students.
In addition, this person will:
- serve as an advisor to a small group of Middle School students, providing a safe place for them to strengthen academic and social-emotional competencies
- offer an elective based upon personal and student interests
- be responsible for preparing students for morning prayer and community mass
- collaborate with parish and school formation teachers
- serve as a member of our Catholic Social Teachings committee
The successful candidate will be a practicing Catholic with excellent communication and organizational skills with a creative vision for engaging students in religious formation and Catholic Social Teaching. Must hold Diocese of Raleigh Basic Catechist certification or be willing to obtain.
Middle School Counselor
We are seeking a compassionate and energetic individual to serve in the newly created position of Middle School counselor. The MS Counselor works with students, teachers, colleagues and parents, individually and in groups, to support students academically, personally and socially.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and foster effective relationships with students
- Provide short term and crisis counseling for students (individual and group), referring students with significant or long-term issues for therapy/counseling
- Monitor academic performance of all MS students and intervene when concerns are noted
- Lead in the development of advisory programs that address academic, personal and social/emotional components based on the American School Counseling Association national standards
- Present or arrange speakers for the school or developmentally appropriate class specific topics such as stress management, anxiety, depression, social media, substance abuse, etc.
The ideal candidate will hold a Master’s degree in a related field, have at least 3 years middle school counseling experience, and hold (or be able to obtain) an NC DPI school counselor license.
Afterschool Program Staff – Part Time
The Franciscan School is seeking energetic candidates with a positive attitude and love of children to work in our Bridges Afterschool Program. Hours and days of the week are flexible, Monday thru Friday 3pm – 6pm. Bridges staff are responsible for the supervision and well-being of students in our program. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and successfully complete the Diocesan background check. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] or contract [email protected] to obtain an application.