Family Engagement Committee
The Family Engagement Committee is similar to a Home School Association or a PTA. Parents are invited to be room parents, mentors, or leaders of community building events. When you attend St. Francis Preschool, you are not just attending school, you are joining our preschool family! All volunteer opportunities are designed to support our students and our families. Current committee members and responsibilities are listed below. We ask that each family commit to at least one volunteer opportunity, if you can do more we would love to have you. Please feel free to contact the coordinator for more information.
Room Parent Coordinator
Room Parent Coordinator:
- Ensures each class has 1 room parent
- Ensures that both teacher needs and class social needs are being met
- Communicates expectations with Room Parents
- Liaison between administration and Room Parents
- Is present and welcoming at Parent Information Night
- Helps host an Opening Welcome Event for all parents in September
- Coordinates hospitality for the teachers twice a month
- Coordinates Hospitality for Open House, Teacher Appreciation and other preschool events as needed
- Secures volunteers to be mentors.
- Establish guidelines and creates packets for the mentors to use throughout the year.
- Communicates with mentors regularly
- Coordinate new family playground event
- Connect with approximately families periodically through the course of the school year
- Follow communication guidelines established by mentor coordinator:
- Send welcome card at the beginning of the school year (cards will be provided)
- Call families to welcome them after the start of the school year – invite them to the parent socials the 2nd week of September
- Call early October to touch base, answer Harvest Moon Questions, personally invite
- Send card at Thanksgiving (provided for you)
- Call in February to touch base, answer International Festival Questions, personally invite
- Send card at the end of the year
- Coordinate play dates or meeting opportunities as you like and are able.
- Attends preschool events and represents their age group
- Answers questions or guides tours at Open Houses
- Writes /gathers testimonials for website
- Available to receive phone calls from prospective parents
- Helps get the word out by posting on neighborhood list serves, delivering brochures, etc.
Science SPARKS Leader
Science SPARKS Coordinator:
- Coordinates the monthly science program
- Organizes curriculum and materials
Little Francis CARES (Children acting responsibly and engaging in service)
Little Francis CARES coordinator:
- Coordinates volunteers to teach lessons
- Shops for supplies
- Helps set up the room mornings when program runs
Harvest Moon Leader
Harvest Moon Coordinators:
- Coordinates Harvest Moon Festival
- Develops fundraising goal and solicits input and new ideas to raise additional funds.
International Festival Leader
International Festival Coordinator:
- Coordinates community-wide, preschool oriented International Festival in March to build community among preschool families and to broaden students’ knowledge of cultures around the world.
- Coordinates performances for International Festival.
- Attends event to greet and facilitate flow of entertainment at International Festival
- Follows up with and thanks performers.