Family Engagement Committee
Room Parent Coordinator
2017-2018 Room Parent Coordinator: Stephanie Beltrone
- Ensures each class has 1 room parent
- Ensures that both teacher needs and class social needs are being met
- Communicates expectations with Room Parents
- Liason between administration and Room Parents
2017-2018 Social Coordinator: Tara Lowe
- Is present and welcoming at Parent Information Night
- Helps host an Opening Welcome Event for all parents in Sepyember
- Coordinates hospitality for the teachers twice a month
- Coordinates Hospitality for Open House, Teacher Appreciation and other preschool events as needed
2017-2018 Mentor/Outreach Coordinator – Jennifer Marks
- Secures volunteers to be mentors.
- Establish guidelines and creates packets for the mentors to use throughout the year.
- Communicates with mentors regularly
- Coordinate new family playground event
- Connect with approximately families periodically through the course of the school year
- Follow communication guidelines established by mentor coordinator:
- Send welcome card at the beginning of the school year (cards will be provided)
- Call families to welcome them after the start of the school year – invite them to the parent socials the 2nd week of September
- Call early October to touch base, answer Harvest Moon Questions, personally invite
- Send card at Thanksgiving (provided for you)
- Call in February to touch base, answer International Festival Questions, personally invite
- Send card at the end of the year
- Coordinate play dates or meeting opportunities as you like and are able.
- Attends preschool events and represents their age group
- Answers questions or guides tours at Open Houses
- Writes /gathers testimonials for website
- Available to receive phone calls from prospective parents
- Helps get the word out by posting on neighborhood list serves, delivering brochures, etc.
Science SPARKS Leader
2017-2018 Science SPARKS Coordinator: Laura Barry
- Coordinates the monthly science program
- Organizes curriculum and materials
Little Francis CARES (Children acting responsibly and engaging in service)
2016-2017 Little Francis CARES coordinator : Cat Jones
- Coordinates volunteers to teach lessons
- Shops for supplies
- Helps set up the room mornings when program runs
Harvest Moon Leader
2017-2018 Harvest Moon Coordinators – Christy O’Connor and Vanessa Meyer
- Coordinates Harvest Moon Festival on Sunday, November 5, 2017 12:30-2:30pm.
- Develops fundraising goal and solicits input and new ideas to raise additional funds.
International Festival Leader
2017-2018 International Festival Coordinator: Kristen Klecha
- Coordinates community-wide, preschool oriented International Festival on March 11, 2018 to build community among preschool families and to broaden students’ knowledge of cultures around the world.
- Coordinates performances for International Festival.
- Attends event to greet and facilitate flow of entertainment at International Festival
- Follows up with and thanks performers.