Rising 4 and 5’s Year Old Spanish Camps
Rising 4’s and K’s – Spanish Camp
Spend the week with expert early childhood educator and native Spanish speaker Maestra Diana learning and honing your Spanish skills. Learn more about the Spanish Culture- the music, the food and the customs. Each week ends with a Spanish Fiesta!
Offered all 4 weeks
All about Mexico
- Learn about Mexico’s history, Mayan pyramids and volcanoes.
- Learn how to make Mexican food! We will make fresh tortillas, quesadillas and guacamole in class.
- Tortillas are not only for eating! Let’s make tortilla art and play in our pretend taco bar.
- Finish up the week with a fiesta! We will design our own sarapes and dance the Mexican sombrero dance!
All about YO!
- The goal of this camp is to learn the vocabulary to make the children talk about themselves at the end of the week.
- We will learn about la familia, losanimales, loscolores, body parts through fun activities and songs.
Passport to Latin America!
- We will learn about Peru- learn about Machu Pichu and its culture. We will also learn about Argentina, the Iguazu falls, the tango while making a rainmaker and a piñata.
- Let’s dance the Spanish flamenco while we learn about Spain, their traditions and food.
- We will have a special visit from a drummer who will teach us about Latin American music.
- Discover all about famous Mexican artists Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera.
- Make murals like Diego Rivera did and learn about Frida Kahlo’s art while making self-portraits and wearing flower headbands like her.
- A day full of chocolate! We will make puffy chocolate paint, chocolate playdo and combine our yummy chocolate with our frutas vocabulary while making typical Mexican fruit art.
- Our last day will be dedicated to Our Lady of Guadalupe, we will create tilmas with the Holy image like the one Juan Diego wore.